- GS200 Plastic2Gold electroforming machine (most plating machines cannot be used for successful electroforming- this one gives smooth, easy, consistent results every time)
- Buffing Kit with Mops and Polishes
- Full instructions
- 1 Litre electroforming copper solution
- Heating plate to maintain perfect electroforming temperature
- 6 Copper rod anodes to surround item evenly in tank
- Anode bags (to keep solution clean)
- 1 Litre glass electroforming tank
- Air agitation pump and hose (ensures smooth, even plate)
- In-tank thermometer (to monitor temperature)
- Special stand to hold item in place suspended in tank (fully height adjustable arm stand)
- Stiff copper jigging wire
- Crocodile clips for holding jigging wire in place on arm
- Spray can of silver conductive paint (VERY easy to use- no need for spray gun!)
- Spray can of non-metal treatment (for sealing porous items and organic materials prior to painting)
- 1 Litre electrocleaning solution (for removing polishing compounds from polished item)
- 100ml Nickel (copper needs to be plated with nickel before plating with gold, silver or other finishes, otherwise the top plate will migrate down into the copper over time - this nickel can be brush plated over your electroformed item using the machine and probes supplied. If the item you have electroformed is intended for use as jewellery, then you will need to purchase our Palladium plating solution for this purpose instead)
- 100ml nickel activator (allows you to plate over the nickel with a finish of your choice)
- Eye protectors
- Box of latex gloves
- Copper brightener (to maintain brightness levels of solution)
- Brass brush (for buffing the part straight out the tank after plating)
- GS Compound polish (100ml) for use by hand if no access to a buffing machine
- 2 GS Stainless steel probes (for use as anodes for electrocleaning and for brush plating over the copper with other plating solutions (such as nickel then gold for example)
- Large bundle of swabbing (for use if brush plating with the steel probes)
- Wire wool (for deoxidising the copper rods and jigging wire - takes just seconds)
- Complete D.I.Y. press manual and how to price jobs
- Complete Marketing Manual with advice on how to sell to the trade and direct to the public
- FREE and UNLIMITED e-mail and telephone support (telephone support UK mainland only)
- PLEASE NOTE: PICTURE DOES NOT NECESSARILY MATCH THE CONTENTS LISTED ABOVE AND IS JUST A GUIDE - PLEASE GO BY LIST OF CONTENTS
This amazing Plastic2Gold kit allows you to easily and consistently plate a heavy coat of copper over plastic/non conductive small items- up to the size of a golfball (you can also use the kit to plate larger items but a larger tank and more solution may be needed)
Simply affix some of the jigging wire to the item, and then spray the item with the included conductive paint- which is in spray can form, so no spray gun is needed, it is all ready to go! Allow to dry for 2 hours, then lower into the electroforming solution, with the correct current set on the supplied digital plating machine. It is a self monitoring machine, so the current will not 'run away' as the density of the item grows, which would otherwise lead to too much current and a rough plate.
Simply leave the item to plate in the setup for 3 hours, and it will be encased in a stiff, hard durable copper plate which retains all the surface detail. Within seconds it can be buffed to a mirror shine on a standard buffing machine with soft mop and rouge, or you can use the supplied compound polish to do the job by hand. Mirror finishes can easily be achieved.
The copper content of the electroforming solution is actually 'fed' by the copper rod anodes, so you get endless amounts of plating from the solution, you just need to add a few ml of copper brightener additive (supplied) after each plate, and eventually replace the copper rod anodes.
You can even use the supplied electrocleaning solution in the tank, to electroclean any buffing compounds off the item in minutes.
You can then use the machine, and supplied brush plating probes and swabbing, to brush plate the mirror copper item with any finish of your choice, or tank plate in different finishes. this kit does it all!!
The supplied spray lacquer is for sealing and stiffening porous or non-rigid items to prevent the paint from migrating into them and prevent the electroforming solution from breaking down certain organic materials - several coats may be needed on some items prior to spraying with the paint.
Smooth, consistent and easy to polish results every time!
Use in conjunction with our buffing machine for fastest mirror results!
We can also supply:
Bench mountable buffing machine with soft mops (2) and rouge wax (3)
As well as:
24k Gold plating solution
18k Gold plating solution
As well as many more sundries and plating chemicals